Transit Finance Learning Exchange Workshop
MARTA – Atlanta, Georgia
The Pluses and Minuses of Going Green
Oct 21-23, 2018
The theme of the Fall workshop is “The Pluses and Minuses of Going Green”.
The workshop will be in Atlanta, Georgia, on October 21-23. The business meeting will be held on Sunday, Oct 21, at 4:30 pm. All meetings will be held at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center.
Sunday, October 21, 2018
4:30 – 5:30 Business Meeting at Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center. All agencies are required to send a representative to the business meeting. Informal dress code. (REVISED 10/20 to read 4:30)
Monday, October 22, 2018
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Workshop Day One at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center. Business casual dress code.
- Registration and Continental Breakfast
- Going Green – Electric and Other Zero Emission Rolling Stock – DART and Foothill Transit will discuss their efforts in procuring green vehicles and issues related to their service records.
- Going Green – Facilities – Houston Metro and MARTA will discuss their agencies efforts in upgrading their facilities with more energy efficient lighting.
- Views from the Auditors – Brad Schelle and John Weber from Crowe LLP will talk about what they look for and issues they have found in transit agency financials.
- Going Green – Financing Projects with Green Bonds – A representative from Moody’s will be on hand to discuss their take on the issuance of green bonds to fund climate and environmental projects.
- Needs & Leads – Always one of the most popular TFLEx sessions, Needs & Leads is a facilitated discussion of learning & development needs and good business practices shared by each attending agency
- Monday Night Dinner
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
8:00 am – 2:00 pm Workshop Day Two at the Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center. Business casual dress code.
- Continental Breakfast
- MARTA Projects – Staff from MARTA present information on projects unique to Atlanta
- Fare Collection Update – Members share updates on current fare collection projects with a Q & A session included.
- Transit 101 – Review of Module 1 – Benefits and History of Transit
- Overall Workshop Evaluation