Strategies to Meet Changed Supply and Demand
April 3-4, 2023
The COVID-19 pandemic has had far-reaching and lasting effects – including adversely impacting transit agencies’ ability to provide service, as well as profoundly changing travel patterns. This Transit Finance Learning Exchange workshop will focus on these supply and demand challenges; exploring actions agencies have undertaken to address this changed environment – what has worked and what remains to be done. This workshop will have sessions geared to
- Developing a framework to analyze the characteristics of the changed supply and demand environment,
- Expanding data-driven transit service decision-making structures,
- Evaluating resources and service inputs in the context of deployment and system goals,
- Assessing the financial implications of agency changes to demand influencers including fare policies, programs, and revenue objectives, and
- Drafting strategies and agency performance metrics considering the budget impact, including the responsibilities of the finance office.
You must be logged in to post a comment.